How to get to Higashimokoto Shibazakura Park
By bus from Abashiri
If you wish to use public transport from Abashiri Station to Higashimokoto Shibazakura Park, take a bus to Higashimokoto (stops in front of the bus company). From there to the park it's about 10 minutes by taxi.
* There is no public transportation that goes all the way to the direct vicinity of the park.
Bus timetable for Abashiri Station ? Higashimokoto
|Abashiri Station||Abashiri Bus Center||Higashimokoto|
|Higashimokoto||Abashiri Bus Center||Abashiri Station|
Bus operator: Abashiri Kanko Kotsu Co., Ltd. Tel: 0152-66-2511
Shibazakura season-only free shuttle service to and from Higashimokoto Shibazakura Park
This free shuttle to and from the park is only in-service while the shibazakura tress blossom.
Service period: May 12 (Sat) - May 27 (Sun)
* Reservation required.
* Available only to passengers taking the bus listed above.
From Higashimokoto to Shibazakura Park
From Shibazakura Park to Higashimokoto
Reservations must be made with Abashiri Kanko Kotsu Co., Ltd. at: 0152-66-2511
- * Please reserve no later than 16:30 on the day prior to boarding.
- * No personnel present with proficiency in English.
- * If making a reservation was unsuccessful due to a language barrier, you might still be able to ride the shuttle if you contact the driver or staff at the bus company prior to boarding.
- * Operates on a first-come-first-served basis, due to limited capacity.
By taxi or rental car from Abashiri
It takes about 30 minutes by car from Abashiri Station. Expect about 10,000 JPY for a one-way taxi ride.
Getting to Abashiri
From Tokyo Haneda Airport to Memanbetsu Airport: approx. 1 hour and 45 min
From New Chitose Airport to Memanbetsu Airport: approx. 45 min
From Memanbetsu Airport to Abashiri Station: approx. 30 min by bus
By train (JR):
Express train from Sapporo to Abashiri: approx. 5 hours and 30 min
By intercity bus:
From Sapporo to Abashiri: approx. 6 hours